Usually a site map contains a list of all pages of a website in a decent way. It helps search engine crawlers and users to browse a website easily in addition smoothly. There are several site map styles; it would be like as a document in a design or in a hierarchical structural way.
It gives viewers an opportunity to see a website’s whole contents at a glance.
XML and HTML sitemap are two most popular sitemap in format. An XML sitemap mainly use for search engine crawlers, so that search engines get to know about the pages of a website and latest updates of a website. On the contrary HTML sitemap use for visitors so that they can find contents of a website at once.
For on page optimization an XML sitemap submission to Google Webmaster Tools is important. Google has a service for free indexing of a website pages creating XML sitemap.
Here we are going to show you how you can create a XML sitemap all at free of cost.
Remember one thing for availing all Google service you must maintain a gmail account. Before starting any Google service you should login to your Gmail account first.
Very first go to: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com or you may search in Google: xml-sitemaps
- Now, as we have shown below picture, give your website address in the box.
- Change frequency: You can chose as you wish, We have shown ‘weekly‘
- Click on the ‘start’ button. (it will take few seconds or minutes to generate xml file and you will see the link to download the file)
- Now download the file and upload it to your website root folder (as we have shown in the picture 4.1).
- After successfully uploading the xml file, now you can check the upload status by clicking on the link. And hope you will see your sitemap xml.
Now it’s time to submit your sitemap XML to Google Webmaster Tools.